Monday, August 22

A Fruitful Saturday

Well, of the seven things on the list of work required for the Alfa to get a Warrant of Fitness, I completed two of them.

Repaired the driver's side wing mirror that was damaged here, and I eradicated the play in the right-hand tie rod end.

I also began replacing all the old worn rear suspension bushes with nice shiny new Nolathane bushes. Not having the right tools makes the job a bit slower.
I reached a impasse whilst removing the good front bumper from the donor car - a siezed captive nut in the plastic bumper was simply spinning, pushing out it's plastic enclosure. I didn't have an adjustable spanner wide enough to put around the plastic to hold the nut, so the bumper is stuck until I can get one.

All-in-all I had a productive day, and I look forward to getting back into it soon!

Big ups to all who stopped by for a chat!

1 Comments:

At 9:26 am,Blogger Jonathan said...

I have a big adjustable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home