Thursday, June 23

Damage!!

How sad is this? My recent road trip with the 155 ended in me being towed from near Port Jackson back home. The fuel line was ruptured by a stone on the gravel roads between Fantail Bay and Port Jackson near the northern tip of the Coramandel peninsula. I noticed instantly, as I lost power. I pulled over to check what had happened, and looked under the car to see petrol pouring out of the fuel line.

To give you an idea of the deserted nature of the road, not one car passed me in either direction from 9:30am when I broke down to 11:30am. Thank goodness for AA plus membership, which got my car from there back to Manurewa for free, although they took their time getting to me!!

Now all three Alfas of this blog are off the road! :(

2 Comments:

At 11:40 pm,Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, if you had an automatic, you wouldn't have such issues.

Perhaps a red car...

Maybe even a Mazda...

 
At 9:58 am,Blogger Jonathan said...

nice one anonymous antz.

I have a slight feeling that automatic or no automatic... your engine still needs petrol to work...
maybe i'm wrong...
maybe red mazdas don't
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home