Wednesday, May 7

A New Car!

The next chapter in the life of NT9986 has begun.


On Saturday 3rd May, in response to an advertisement published in the Trade and Exchange, I headed out to Henderson to inspect a black 1987 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 QV, with a view to acquiring such a vehicle to serve as a hobby/2nd car.


The car proved to be untidy but generally sound, being in a warrantable condition, but with plenty of scope for improvement.


After a vehicle inspection performed on Monday morning determined that the car was in no worse condition than I had anticipated, I then offered to purchase the car.


For $1400 dollars, I obtained the car as above, with 6 months registration paid, and a Pioneer CD head unit.


Details of the vehicle:



  • 1.7 litre boxer engine.

  • twin Dellorto carbs.

  • 4 doors, liftback hatch.

  • factory Alfa alloy wheels, with good directional Bridgestone rubber.

  • factory body kit, including skirts and spoilers.

  • untidy panel work, DIY panelbeating on some panels.

  • untidy paint work, with extensive scratching on roof.

  • fuel mixture too rich.

  • exccessive tappet/valve-train noise.

  • ... and various other bits and pieces.


And the rest is history...




1 Comments:

At 11:15 pm,Anonymous Daihatsu Terios 4WD said...

I am delighted that I came upon this blog, I could not discover any information on this topic prior to visiting your post. Thanks God I came across on this blog and found the relevant information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home